At Meadow Castings we use high quality virgin metal stock, and our proprietary investing techniques produce the highest possible detail reproduction and surface finish.
We can use your existing wax injection moulds to make the waxes used in the process, or we can produce new moulds from your product master in addition cure or vulcanised rubber.
Our extensive mould making knowledge allows us to offer lost wax castings from 3D printed masters - contact us to discuss your needs.
Please note that we do not provide a fettling service. Metal castings are supplied with feed stubs in situ. The cost of trimming, polishing and packaging will not be included in any estimate.
What Is Lost-Wax Casting?
Also known as investment casting, lost-wax casting is a multi-stage process that involves a single-use plaster mould. Briefly, the stages are as follows:
- Hot wax is injected into the rubber mould
- This wax copy is then encased in plaster
- The wax is then melted out in a steam oven (hence "lost-wax")
- Molten metal is then poured into the plaster mould
- When quenched, the plaster mould is lost and the cast metal part remains